Friday, July 27, 2012

We Went Camping! - Freebie Camping Quick Page

Yesterday, I filled in for my husband during a Tiger Scout Camping Trip.  He finally had an interview after being laid off from work a while ago so I gladly stepped in!  Since we already paid for this trip a while back, we figured that we would give the kids at least a nice, local memorable summer experience since we cannot really go anywhere right now.  Luckily, we have done several events with both the boy scouts and the girl scouts once a week so that has kept us busy!

When we arrived at camp and the first thing we had to do was to select a tent.  We had brought our own, but I was not sure that I was going to be able to put it up, but I figured that I should set a good example so I decided to go for it and give it a shot.  With one simple photo and no written instructions, my son, daughter, and I managed to lay everything out and begin our set-up.  We must have looked a little pitiful because about five minutes later, we started received a lot of extra help from the Boy Scout leaders and other cub scouts.  The end result looked great, I think and it was a very proud moment for us! 

Also pictured were the lovely, outhouse and "wash station" which made me appreciate modern conveniences a lot more!  Before night fell, my husband relieved myself and my daughter because his interview was over so now we just have to wait and see what our future holds (keeping fingers crossed)...



Credits:  Camping in the Wilderness Kit, Pizazz Pixels and Outdoor Camping, Pizazz Pixels
Link to Purchase at Digi Style Designs
(Both kits are on sale so you can grab both for under $5.00!!)



If you have some camping adventures of your own, here is a freebie quick page to document your special memories...
Download from Media Fire

No comments: