Monday, June 24, 2013

"My Little Monkey" Layouts

I really needed something to make me smile today after the weekend we had (tell you about this in a later post) and one of my Creative Team members, Kristine, really helped to make me feel better with this fun filled layout!

I just loved how she blended one of the elements with the paper to make the paper look two-toned!  Also, how incredible is that border?  I just loved how she mixed the paper with the ric rac to create another wonderful, unique border which adds so much color to her layout.  Adding  flowers on top with all those leaves, another smart choice!

And how about that adorable little illustration/portion at the right?  What a wonderful way to use the elements to tell a side story!  It really makes me grin whenever I look at this page!




Credits - Two Cute Monkey’s - Used "My Little Monkey" by Pizazz Pixels entirely.  (No additional brushes or fonts were added).  The picture is her son and her darling nephew, his cousin.  They love each other so much even though there is a 10 year difference in age.  They play around all the time like monkey’s do and they  are  always on the go. Kristine used to call her brother a monkey all the time when he was growing up so it is only fitting that his son is called one too.  Monkey see Monkey do, right?  Ha-ha.

Thanks Kristine!!!!

Ready for more inspiration using this kit?  I too made a layout using pieces of my kit.  I really love the monkeys at the zoo and could just spend hours watching them.  They are so human like, they are very social, and they seem to have so much fun all day!  Anyways, I snapped a picture of one of these fun little guys and I also took a photo of our son who used his new found map reading skills to find out where the monkeys were located in the zoo!  I put the two pictures together and this is what I created...

 
You can still "swing by" my stores and grab this kit at a discount price until this Saturday!
 

No comments: