Monday, August 5, 2013

Personal Layout Using "Dreaming of a Mouse" and Challenges over at Wilma4Ever

Summer is winding down slowly now that the month of August is here.  If you are looking for a challenge to help motivate you to complete some layouts, then look no further.  For this month, I decided to host 2 separate challenges over at Wilma4Ever.

I am hosting this month's Scraplift Challenge where you use the layout which I have provided as inspiration to create a similar looking layout.

This is my first time hosting the Random challenge over at Wilma4Ever and I decided to go a little crazy with the theme and literally try something random with this challenge. So here we go.. Time to focus on the random element of the month--the banner! I am happy to host this new challenge because it gives me more incentive to create some layouts of my own which is a nice change of pace from designing

The main reason I chose the banner is because I have seen these things all around us for the past few months because our daughter was on a summer swim team! There were banners on both sides of the pool to indicate that the swimmer is getting close to the sides of the pool. I knew I had plenty of photos with banners and I knew I have created them digitally too so I wanted to combine these two together in some way. This is what I created....



Credits: Dreaming of a Mouse Kit by Pizazz Pixels

The banners were used on top of photos and as the journaling strip for the year! I just added some clustered buttons on top to tie the banners down.

I cannot wait to see what all of you can come up with too! Come on over to the forum and check out each challenge!

No comments: